wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

Is the forum broken?!

Post by wizzard » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:12 pm

Breninfrance wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:16 pm
you seem to fit most of the criteria! but do you own a tractor ? , preferably over 50 years old?
No, but I'd like one, if only to cut my jungle field myself, rather than waiting for my neighbour getting around to it. :D

Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

Hal
Ireland

Is the forum broken?!

Post by Hal » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:10 pm

Breninfrance wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:16 pm
you seem to fit most of the criteria! but do you own a tractor ? , preferably over 50 years old?
I have a 1995 HD Sportster/Buell/kawasaki, and an original 1949 Grey Fergy. icon_yo

Despite rumours to the contrary, I haven't quite shuffled off my mortal coil, and have been chuckling about some of the comments on here about the Linky thread.

It went very quiet, I thought, after JS goaded me into putting a mild bit of 'conspiracy theory' on just to see what reaction there would be.

Quite amusingly it seemed to cause a deafening silence. :mrgreen:

The reason I stopped posting on my thread was that I had decided that given the behaviour of our Glorious Leader (the maire here) and general apathy from my fellow communards, I was wasting time by actively pursuing the subject further.

The reason I posted the thread was, as Richard and several other people on here understand, to inform. I know a number of y'all actually posted refusal letters, some probably also armoured their external meters, and probably some joined activist groups and are speading the Lerve.

Our council were supposed to vote on the issue on April 14th, but the Glorious Leader decided they shouldn't / couldn't, because Enedis failed to show up for the promised propaganda session.

Mid May, Enedis showed, my wife recorded the session, the usual boring litany of lies, and again they failed to vote, mainly because only 7 out of the 12 members showed up.

My wife asked the GL last week when he intended to call them to vote, and he informed her " I don't consider it our place to vote..."

Translated this probably means he thinks it might go against Enedis' commercial interests, and possibly his own?

I intend writing to him, and copy to the elu, asking him what exactly he understands by 'civic duty' and the concept of elected council members 'representing the wishes and interests of the electorate'

If he thinks the electorate want the damned meters, I will challenge the wretched man to test his theory by referendum, or by organising a public meeting at HIS or the commune's expense.

We did a poll, and got a lot of response in just a few days with my daughter's petition. 120 sigs, this is a commune of only 300 ish.

I decided I'd be using my energy better by making a documentary about it all, unfortunately my director is tied up till September, and my 19 year old would be journalist presenter/interviewer who was perfect for it, (female and very pretty in a sweet innocent way, and bilingual so I could direct her in English) seems to have got involved in things leaving her with no spare time.

My own daughter, also perfect for the job, plus being very militant and knowing more about it than most, is unfortunately building a private chapel near Lille, so not exactly on hand.

Overall, I felt I'd done what I could, and anyone who is still ignorant enough to allow the meter to be fitted, that's their problem.

I will be living well outside influencing range of anyone else's meter, so again, not my problem.

richard36
France

Is the forum broken?!

Post by richard36 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:19 pm

Good to see you've not shuffled Hal! :) I was sent a link from a mate in our commune that rates the Maires on various subjects, ours scored 9 out of 20 - I wonder how yours does?

Hal
Ireland

Is the forum broken?!

Post by Hal » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:59 pm

I'd like to see how he rates and how they are rated....do you have the link, Richard?

richard36
France

Is the forum broken?!

Post by richard36 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:27 pm

Et voici:
http://www.linternaute.com/actualite/po ... ille-36164

Edit:
Just read back on this thread; in my defence Shan appears to have changed somewhat since I met him last....

Pierre
Great Britain

Is the forum broken?!

Post by Pierre » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:10 pm

shan wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:31 pm
I think its all down to the fact that there are now to many HD owners that get on hear
and we have all heard all the bull shit we can put up with icon_yo
What's wrong with Honda Deauville owners? I haven't posted any Bullshit for ages!! icon_thumbup tappingfoot

JoeRocket

Is the forum broken?!

Post by JoeRocket » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:24 pm

incon_doh

Didn't see that one coming. icon_thatsfunny

2cvandy
Donator
Donator
France

Is the forum broken?!

Post by 2cvandy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:53 pm

Breninfrance wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:03 pm

I'm lost Icon_thud
is this guy trying to be funny? it's not working for me!
is it a language barrier?
I ride a HD and have an old car (2cv)
and just finished a 2000km road trip

Yep lost on me too,
I'm just catching up with postings on here,
having just got home from a 10 day trip through Germany, Austria, Italy & Switzerland, a little over 4,000km.
but stupidly I took the Harley instead of doing some real biking,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than ride a fast bike slow,,,,,,,,,,,,,, icon_moped

2cvandy
Donator
Donator
France

Is the forum broken?!

Post by 2cvandy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:57 pm

wizzard wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:04 pm
Breninfrance wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:44 pm
wizzard wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:39 pm

A Harley and 2CV ? Are you 2CV Andy's twin brother?? incon_doh
only if he used to have an Enfield?
I think Andy still has his Enfield. I have a Harley, nearly had an Enfield, and used to deliver 2CVs - can I join your club?
Yep, still have the Enfield,
and the Transalp.
and the CX 500,
and the Harley,,,,,,,,,,, of course.

vive la difference icon_thumbup
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than ride a fast bike slow,,,,,,,,,,,,,, icon_moped

ChrisD
France

Is the forum broken?!

Post by ChrisD » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:13 pm

2cvandy wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:53 pm
having just got home from a 10 day trip through Germany, Austria, Italy & Switzerland, a little over 4,000km.
but stupidly I took the Harley instead of doing some real biking,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
true, real bikers would think nothing of pedalling 400 km a day, vive le velo!
UTC