Nicky Hayden

Post by Jamba » Thu May 18, 2017 7:54 am

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

Nicky Hayden

Post by wizzard » Thu May 18, 2017 10:11 am

Its crazy that he participate for so long in one of the worlds most dangerous sports, ad then gets mangled on a pedal bike. A bit like Schumacher.
Skiing and cycling are clearly bad for the health!
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

FrancisBarnett
France

Nicky Hayden

Post by FrancisBarnett » Thu May 18, 2017 10:36 am

Poor bugger -I wonder if he was wearing a helmet? But then Schumacher was wearing a helmet...........?
Brexit is like watching your library being burnt down by people who never learned to read.

Cornishman
France

Nicky Hayden

Post by Cornishman » Thu May 18, 2017 11:16 am

I always feel more vulnerable when riding a pushbike than a motorbike on the road. On a motorbike you can do a fair bit to keep out of trouble whereas on a pushbike you have to put up with what other road users do to you. There have been quite a few 'names' involved in cycling accidents recently.
Life can only be understood backwards but must be lived forwards. Seren Kierkegaard.

ChrisD
France

Nicky Hayden

Post by ChrisD » Fri May 19, 2017 2:32 pm

I cycle with a helmet but they don't offer much protection from side impacts. serious brain damage doesn't sound good, poor sod.
UTC

Jamba
Donator
Donator
France

Nicky Hayden

Post by Jamba » Fri May 19, 2017 4:58 pm

ChrisD wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 2:32 pm
serious brain damage doesn't sound good, poor sod.
Seeing that the front of the roof by the screen is stoved in, I would say the car was doing a fair lick.
Seen a couple of comments about him being brain-dead. Just hope they turn him off if that's so, unlike the poor sod in Switzerland.

richard36
France

Nicky Hayden

Post by richard36 » Sun May 21, 2017 4:35 pm

Jamba wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 4:58 pm
ChrisD wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 2:32 pm
serious brain damage doesn't sound good, poor sod.
Seeing that the front of the roof by the screen is stoved in, I would say the car was doing a fair lick.
Seen a couple of comments about him being brain-dead. Just hope they turn him off if that's so, unlike the poor sod in Switzerland.
You're quite right Jamba, higher up the screen/roof edge the damage is - the faster the vehicle was travelling at the time of impact. The damage looks to equate to possibly around 40mph maybe more depending what caused the damage - awful impact for him. I wish him well :(
If the driver was on his phone I hope someone saw him, if not it's really very difficult to prove if he denies it.

Jamba
Donator
Donator
France

Nicky Hayden

Post by Jamba » Sun May 21, 2017 5:57 pm

richard36 wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 4:35 pm
If the driver was on his phone I hope someone saw him, if not it's really very difficult to prove if he denies it.
Call logs from his provider would tell it like it is.

FrancisBarnett
France

Nicky Hayden

Post by FrancisBarnett » Sun May 21, 2017 6:26 pm

Reading some of the Italian reports the car driver was breath tested and found to be sober.
It also mentioned that Nicky had been wearing headphones and was listening to music- so unlikely to have been wearing a helmet.
Brexit is like watching your library being burnt down by people who never learned to read.

richard36
France

Nicky Hayden

Post by richard36 » Mon May 22, 2017 10:04 am

Jamba wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 5:57 pm

Call logs from his provider would tell it like it is.
Yes absolutely, the call log will tell you he was on the phone at or near the time but, exactly what time did the collision take place? Trust me here Jamba, I speak from experience of trying to prove someone was on the phone when he hit and killed a pedestrian on a crossing.
For the UK burden of proof you need someone to have seen it or an admission from the driver, call log evidence will add weight to that eyewitness evidence or admission. Maybe the Italian courts and their burden of lesser proof would accept just the call log, I think a lot of convictions get overturned there though.