Election results

Hal
Ireland

Election results

Post by Hal » Sun May 07, 2017 8:44 pm

Looks like the recent Russian attempt to stick it to Macaroon has boomeranged back and hit them in the face, I'm glad to say.

Could be that it actually reduced MLPs support! Looks as though 'whoever was responsible' didn't realise there's a clampdown on this sort of late-date spoiler tactic, and were unprepared for the French media acting as responsibly as they have done.

It all sends a message to Trump and the alt right, and to St Treeza of the May and her 'Smart Supporters' and it's not the one they were hoping for.

Haha.

Let's see what the investigation of the hack of Macron's emails does to help the dear lady in the next stage....

She got less than the 40% she wanted, though somewhat more than Daddy Hawg got in 2002. So much for 'sanitising the Party' then.

Let's just hope Macaroon turns out less of a cynic than I reckon he really is...

FrancisBarnett
France

Election results

Post by FrancisBarnett » Mon May 08, 2017 8:01 am

Emmanuel Macron neglected his own nation’s musical emblem as he walked out to deliver his victory speech, instead heralding his victory with the EU’s Anthem of Europe.

True colours?
Brexit is like watching your library being burnt down by people who never learned to read.

Jamstealer
France

Election results

Post by Jamstealer » Mon May 08, 2017 8:42 am

The national anthem was played , as protocol demands; at the conclusion of proceedings.
To play it at any other point would have been a severe breach of strict protocols.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrancisBarnett
France

Election results

Post by FrancisBarnett » Mon May 08, 2017 9:41 am

Like I said - True colours.
Brexit is like watching your library being burnt down by people who never learned to read.

Cornishman
France

Election results

Post by Cornishman » Mon May 08, 2017 11:34 am

I think that he deserves the chance to show what he is capable of. It's easy to make clever comments about his youth, his inexperience, his wife, his intelligence, his belief in the EU etc, etc, etc but nobody knows what he will be like as President until he has been in office. I'm glad you can identify his true colours already, from where I'm looking they could be anything.
Life can only be understood backwards but must be lived forwards. Seren Kierkegaard.

Jamstealer
France

Election results

Post by Jamstealer » Mon May 08, 2017 2:42 pm

Only the Head of State (or, depending on circumstance, his representative) may have the Anthem played upon his arrival. For every other occasion it must be the last thing played. The exception is at sporting events, when it generally precedes events. The first 8 bars may also be played during military parades as part of a National or Presidential salute or a " flag salute "

Hal
Ireland

Election results

Post by Hal » Tue May 09, 2017 9:20 am

Jamstealer wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 8:42 am
The national anthem was played , as protocol demands; at the conclusion of proceedings.
To play it at any other point would have been a severe breach of strict protocols.
Exactly. icon_thumbup

FrancisBarnett
France

Election results

Post by FrancisBarnett » Tue May 09, 2017 6:19 pm

Here he is-in his true colours! icon_yo
Attachments
macroleon.JPG

Jamstealer
France

Election results

Post by Jamstealer » Tue May 09, 2017 7:16 pm

Meanwhile, news for the FN supporters; Marion Marechal LePen ( MLP's niece and currently a National Assembly member) has announced she is " stepping down from politics" and won't contest the summer elections. Ostensibly to " spend time with her family". Though the real reason is that the fall out with MLP has gone too far. She thinks MLP has gone too soft; and there is a huge rift between FN north ( MLP) and FN south (MMLP).