Crit'air

cancunia
Great Britain

Crit'air

Post by cancunia » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:11 pm

Thanks for the clarification Jamstealer, much appreciated.

Must say that I'm still a bit wary of exactly when & where I'll need a badge:
https://www.crit-air.fr/en.html
"In addition, new environmental zones will be set up in 2018, each covering a whole department, and come into force according to the level of air pollution.
These include in particular the departments around the respective cities of Orleans, Chartres, La Roche-sur-Yon, Annecy, Chambery and many others."

The official website now says it's €29.65 Perhaps that includes a Brexit supplement!
https://www.crit-air.fr/nc/en/store.html

Giscard
Donator
Donator
England

Crit'air

Post by Giscard » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:26 pm

I doubt that is an official site. There are several reports of overpriced websites cashing in.

The official French site explains it all and the price is less than €5.

https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/

cancunia
Great Britain

Crit'air

Post by cancunia » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:31 pm

Aha, scammers!

First time I've been taken in by an official looking site, must be age.

Once again many thanks.

Jamstealer
France

Crit'air

Post by Jamstealer » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:39 pm

Re costs; probably a 3rd party or scammer site.
The types of zones are quite clear; the permanent zones are just “ no go” except that eg in Paris; on weekends, more polluting cars are allowed in ( eg class 0 or class 5;) but theycarecrxcluded during the working week.
Those are ZCRs “zones à circulation restreinte”. This type of zone is permanently in force though there are different restrictions at weekends.
The other zones are all ZPAs; “ zones de protection de l’air”. They don’t have permanent restrictions, but can impose them as and when necessary ( and may use crit’air system to do it.)

There are also certain exemptions from having to have a Crit air sticker; emergency vehicles, disabled badge holders, Vehicles de collection and motorcycles registered before 2000.

Jamstealer
France

Crit'air

Post by Jamstealer » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:45 pm

Official french site:
In France for French registrations; €3.70 plus postage: €4.18;
In the rest of the EU and EEA;
€3.70 plus postage ; = €4,80

cancunia
Great Britain

Crit'air

Post by cancunia » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:46 pm

I have 4 bikes registered before 2000, well 2 bikes & 2 scooters to be exact so that's actually some good news.

Maybe France after all.

Jamba
Donator
Donator
France

Crit'air

Post by Jamba » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:56 am

Glynmo wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:04 pm
I believe they apply to Lyon and maybe Strasbourg too.
Strasbourg has had the illuminated warning signs up for some months.
You will ONLY need the sticker on days that the smog hits a certain level, NOT all the time.

Edit: Failed to see the post above incon_doh

No chance for my old BMW shitter ('94) and my hairdressers car only gets a yellow.

cancunia
Great Britain

Crit'air

Post by cancunia » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:07 am

I'd just like to add another thanks to everyone that responded. I've never been caught out before in a scam website, so it was a bit of a shock initially and a welcome relief when it was pointed out to me. It's strange that my guard was down due to it being a non UK site, I'm normally ultra careful about this stuff.
I can now see how so many people get scammed in the UK when paying online tolls for the Thames crossing!

FrancisBarnett
France

Crit'air

Post by FrancisBarnett » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:01 am

Scam Warning - there is a website www. crit-air.fr which utters dire threats for not having a silly sticker and will sell you one for €29.65 instead of the €4.18 charged by the proper french government site!
Brexit is like watching your library being burnt down by people who never learned to read.

Jamstealer
France

Crit'air

Post by Jamstealer » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:06 pm

The scammy website will give you a pukka crit’air sticker; but they add all sorts of “ charges”; supposedly for “telephone calls,” “administration”, “ postage” etc, and supposedly “ support”. None of which is needed. Though the app ( free) “Green zones” is provided by them, and it’s quite good as you can click on any of the Europeans zones, and it will list what restrictions are in force as a live feed. Handy if you are touring about.
In Brussels, you can buy a “ day sticker” (€8 I think) if you don’t have a sticker at all; or if your sticker grade is below the permitted sticker of the day. ( So I am told; I don’t know where you get them from; perhaps a tabac or something).