Jamba
Donator
Donator
France

Crit'air

Post by Jamba » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:58 pm

Jamstealer wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:43 pm

Germany is ( or will soon be ) introducing something similar.
Germany has had them for years.
They only come into force on days when pollution hits "the" level.
You can obtain them on the "black", so that will creep in here I have no doubt :D

My bike will not qualify for one. I checked. No great loss icon_morning20coffee

Cornishman
France

Crit'air

Post by Cornishman » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:05 pm

melvin wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:01 pm

It was a letter from a guy from Tiverton,Devon.
Since when have you taken any notice of what anyone from Devon says?
Life can only be understood backwards but must be lived forwards. Seren Kierkegaard.

melvin
Great Britain

Crit'air

Post by melvin » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:09 pm

We try to be good neighbours (sometimes)

cancunia
Great Britain

Crit'air

Post by cancunia » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:44 am

I've not been on here for a while as France has not been at the top of my agenda so am glad to see the forum is still active. I was taken aback when I found out about Crit'air yesterday, my fault of course it's been in the news for a while. But how does this affect bikes, does everyone have one? I read on the official French site that there are now several restricted zones, never mind cities?
So, the obvious questions that come to mind are:
1, How do you put a sticker on a bike without a screen?
2, What about when the sticker gets stolen?

Jamstealer
France

Crit'air

Post by Jamstealer » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:11 pm

cancunia wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:44 am
I've not been on here for a while as France has not been at the top of my agenda so am glad to see the forum is still active. I was taken aback when I found out about Crit'air yesterday, my fault of course it's been in the news for a while. But how does this affect bikes, does everyone have one? I read on the official French site that there are now several restricted zones, never mind cities?
So, the obvious questions that come to mind are:
1, How do you put a sticker on a bike without a screen?
2, What about when the sticker gets stolen?
Voila! Like this in the video. It can’t get stolen; ( or rather there is no point in trying to steal it) because any attempt to remove it will destroy it.
If it is destroyed like that, they will issue you another.

https://youtu.be/xWd0N_ip9EI

cancunia
Great Britain

Crit'air

Post by cancunia » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:50 am

Aha, they thought of everything!
Still not sure exactly what this means for my various toys ranging from 1976 to 2004 so I'll have to give la France a miss this year until the dust settles a bit. There's really very little guidance in the UK right now so far as I can see.
Merci pour the link.

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

Crit'air

Post by wizzard » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:58 am

cancunia wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:50 am
Aha, they thought of everything!
Still not sure exactly what this means for my various toys ranging from 1976 to 2004 so I'll have to give la France a miss this year until the dust settles a bit. There's really very little guidance in the UK right now so far as I can see.
Merci pour the link.
No need to give france a miss, its only certain cities which require the sticker. I've never bought one of these stickers, and not sure I will ever need to unless it expands out into the country. My toys range from 84 upwards, so not quite s old as yours.
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

cancunia
Great Britain

Crit'air

Post by cancunia » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:22 am

Interesting, I thought it was compulsory for all vehicles to have a Crit'Air vignett/badge? I downloaded the 'Green-Zones' Android app which seemed to show zones rather than just cities? These 2 issues are what got me wondering about the possibility of coming to France this year.

https://www.crit-air.fr/en/information- ... rules.html

"All vehicles eligible to receive a Crit'Air badge are also obliged to purchase it, including vehicles and drivers who are exempt from driving bans in the ZCR and ZPA environmental zones."

The last sentence is what started to get me worried:

"Old-timer in Grenoble and Lyon
Oldtimer in the metropolis Grenoble and Lyon
In Grenoble and Lyon, according to the local prefectures, there are no exceptions for vintage cars at present. It is even emphasised that vintage cars will also be punished if they enter the metropolitan areas of Grenoble and Lyon during air pollution peaks. This is particularly bitter, as in the case of Grenoble this also affects the main highway to the south."

Cornishman
France

Crit'air

Post by Cornishman » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:33 am

The zones are clearly marked and also time limited. The sticker is only required at certain times of the day. The only city so far that affects me is Paris but as the zone is basically within the périphérique that’s no problem. It’s certainly not a reason to avoid France. It’s not new to me, I lived in Germany before moving here and they have used a similar system for years. It’s much simpler to understand than the charges in London.
Life can only be understood backwards but must be lived forwards. Seren Kierkegaard.

Jamstealer
France

Crit'air

Post by Jamstealer » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:01 pm

Yep the only places where a Crit air sticker is permanently required are Paris, Strasbourg, Toulouse; Lille and only within defined perimeter.
There are certain other departments where the prefectures have declared them to be ZOA zones; and can choose to restrict traffic temporarily if pollution rises above certain levels.
You are not going to have an issue moving round France.
If you want to know the status required ( in any EU country ) on a daily basis ( that includes temporary restrictions) you can download the app “ Green Zones” to your phone. Gives naps, dates, and minimum requirements in real time.
You only need a certificate if you are going into one of the permanent areas ( or a temporary area if the restriction is enforced; which will only be a day or so each time.
The certificate only costs €4.18 anyway. It’s a one off cost; and the system now works for registering non-french vehicles.