Crit'air

melvin
Great Britain

Crit'air

Post by melvin » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:30 pm

I know it's been covered here before,but please allow for my age.
A couple of us are headed to France in May,and my colleague,a retired policeman has found out we need this crit'air thingy,i have been on the web site and i see there are 5 different colour discs,which one is needed?.
In the local paper it was reported that someone had their car impounded at Roscoff because no Crit'air certificate.

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

Crit'air

Post by wizzard » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:52 pm

Here's a link in English for more info https://www.crit-air.fr/en.html basically its only Paris and Grenoble affected at the moment, but I'm sure many more will follow. :x
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

Glynmo
France

Crit'air

Post by Glynmo » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:04 pm

wizzard wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:52 pm
Here's a link in English for more info https://www.crit-air.fr/en.html basically its only Paris and Grenoble affected at the moment, but I'm sure many more will follow. :x
I believe they apply to Lyon and maybe Strasbourg too.
The older I get, the faster I was.

tritri
Ireland

Crit'air

Post by tritri » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:09 pm

I've got one for our trip in June. Cheap and pretty painless to get hold of.

Cornishman
France

Crit'air

Post by Cornishman » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:04 pm

No cars have been impounded at any ports for not having the Crit'air sticker. Why would they be? They have broken no laws. If and that's a big iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiffffffffffffffff you are going to one of the towns affected by the legislation go online, read the English language instructions and order a sticker then enjoy your holiday. If you don't need one just enjoy your holiday.
Life can only be understood backwards but must be lived forwards. Seren Kierkegaard.

melvin
Great Britain

Crit'air

Post by melvin » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:22 am

Cornishman wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:04 pm
No cars have been impounded at any ports for not having the Crit'air sticker. Why would they be? They have broken no laws. If and that's a big iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiffffffffffffffff you are going to one of the towns affected by the legislation go online, read the English language instructions and order a sticker then enjoy your holiday. If you don't need one just enjoy your holiday.
That's what i thought when it was first announced,i will try to get the newspaper cutting and put on here word for word.
My riding colleague a retired copper wants everything right,paranoid i would say

richard36
France

Crit'air

Post by richard36 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:27 am

melvin wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:22 am

My riding colleague a retired copper wants everything right,paranoid i would say
Are you out to get all retired coppers...... ( icon_thatsfunny )

papasmurf
Great Britain

Crit'air

Post by papasmurf » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:48 am

melvin wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:30 pm
In the local paper it was reported that someone had their car impounded at Roscoff because no Crit'air certificate.
That local paper is 100% wrong. There are heightened checks at Roscoff both going in and out. (Do not antagonise the police, army, or Douanier,) If someone had their car impounded it was nothing to do with Crit'air.
I did get a gentle ribbing from the ancient Douanier doing passport checks for flying the real Breton flag in my car.(Be advised unless you know the history and WW2 politics surrounding that flag don't display it.)

papasmurf
Great Britain

Crit'air

Post by papasmurf » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:22 am

Website with Crit'air info and links:-
https://www.aph.com/community/holidays/ ... t-air/#buy

papasmurf
Great Britain

Crit'air

Post by papasmurf » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:44 am

http://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/guides/driving/france

Crit'Air Vignette Environmental Badge

From the beginning of 2017, the French government has brought in a new scheme to categorise vehicles according to how polluting they are to the environment by using a system of colour-coded stickers. The scheme is operating in Paris, Grenoble and Lyon from early 2017 and is expected to roll out to other cities in the future.

Foreign vehicles must adhere to the scheme so, if you plan to travel in these cities, you will need to order the correct sticker for your vehicle in advance. You can find more information about the scheme and how to get a sticker for your vehicle at www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/en

If you travel in an area where the scheme applies and you do not have a sticker then you may face an on-the-spot fine of up to £117. The RAC has some very thorough advice about what British drivers need to do to comply with the scheme at www.rac.co.uk/drive/news/motoring-news/ ... nch-cities