The fabulous new 'Linky' electricity meters .....

Dragon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Wales

Post by Dragon » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:24 pm

To complicated for me Hal, 88 pages of gobbleygook ................im quite happy crawling under the stairs every month to get my reading of the meter, .....its so so much cheaper here than there anyway, my phone bill including line rental......internet (which unlike France is super fast).....and BT television including catch up TV .....costs me a staggering....£42.00 a month, now theres tidy as they say in Wales, icon_yo

We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. we have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything ....................with nothing,

Dragon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Wales

Post by Dragon » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:39 pm

Calm down Hal. .....reference you last post directed at Jamstealer, ......if you start insulting other members then i will start deleting posts......everyone is allowed their own opinion regardless of whether they are right or wrong, .......im not going to let this thread go down the same line as some of the Brexit posts, ..........Dragon,
We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. we have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything ....................with nothing,

Hal
Ireland

Post by Hal » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:09 pm

Fair enough Dragon, but he just keeps repeating the Enedis propaganda and I know a lot of contributors already have him on 'ignore'....maybe I should do the same.

I don't think I actually crossed the line of insulting him, I suggested he do some proper unbiased research.

Substitute 'nonsensical rubbish' for doggy-does if you like, personally I think it's absolutely fair comment, and remember he was accusing me of being 'delusional' and 'a conspiracy theorist'. I object to that.

I'm sure he knows 'as much as I do' (or quite possibly more) about any conspiracy involved in this issue.

The tobacco industry in the US was most certainly 'conspiring' to keep the public thinking that smoking was perfectly healthy when they knew very well, from their own unreleased research that it was responsible for cancer.

If Enedis had done the slightest due diligence they would have abandoned this some time ago.....but hey, there are commercial considerations here...so let's pretend 'everything's perfectly normal, folks', treat Joe Punter as if he's a gullible sheep....waste public money, get the sheep to pay for their own EM poisoning, spit in the face of the silly idea he's living in a 'democracy'.

Of course, Enedis and their grinning ghoul of a President DO know perfectly well what they are doing here, what the medical effects will be, how they are lying in their teeth about how much an average family will 'save per annum' and all the rest of the pathetic meretricious crap they repeat ad nauseam. They simply don't care who they damage, because they hope to make a lot of money out of it. Anyone of a formally religious persuasion would say (with justification) that this sort of excuse for a human being has 'sold his soul to the Devil'.

I'd be inclined to agree.

I'm not in fact a 'conspiracy theorist at all, never have been, I tend to believe this sort of thing is generally less intelligently guided than a conspiracy would require, it's normally something more like the machinations of blind stupidity, greed, and malice...

Jamstealer
France

Post by Jamstealer » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:03 am

You are awfully sensitive aren't you?
Someone contradicts your world view and you get all excited.

Never mind; carry on......

It's amusing to watch..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hal
Ireland

Post by Hal » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:35 am

"Someone contradicts " with no evidence, with an obviously absurd opinion which is word for word Enedis propaganda...

I'm not "awfully sensitive", I just don't suffer fools gladly. It's a bad policy.

Hal
Ireland

Post by Hal » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:04 pm

Jamstealer wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:39 am
Oh and by the way, the emissions from the Linky meter itself ( when it is working) are about 25% of the level of the emissions from a standard meter, and about 10% of the emissions from the old rotating disc type.

The Linky system also uses GPRS phone data; but not in the meter: the GPRS system is a backup between your local transformer ( street/village) and the next level up, of the distribution system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You never cited the source of this ridiculous opinion!

I've asked you for it at least three times, this is the fourth.

Otherwise we have to assume you invented it.

Also, it's not 'just operating for several seconds per day' as you opine, Enedis themselves talk about 'one minute per day' of data transfer by CPL to the 'concentrator' but of course omit to mention that the concentrator interrogates each meter one at a time.

1 minute x 300 meters on the LAN = 5 hours continuous, with each meter feeding back into the house wiring of all houses within a 300m radius.

That could easily work out at 5 hours plus (more if there are more meters on the network) and at night, when you are at the most vulnerable.

Children are the most vulnerable, so any so called intelligent person who continues to defend this nonsense in ignorant, cavalier fashion, is putting other people's children at risk.

guzzigui

Post by guzzigui » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:11 pm

Jamstealer wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:03 am
You are awfully sensitive aren't you?
Someone contradicts your world view and you get all excited.

Never mind; carry on......

It's amusing to watch..

Who keeps leaving the cage door open? :roll:

Jamstealer
France

Post by Jamstealer » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:54 pm

It's OK; keep going; I'll watch it all;
You are free to believe what you like;

guzzigui

Post by guzzigui » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:37 pm

Jamstealer wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:54 pm
It's OK; keep going; I'll watch it all;
You are free to believe what you like;

That sounds a bit like a God complex :lol: "Thank you oh omnipotent one" :D

Hal
Ireland

Post by Hal » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:17 pm

Yes, it's nice to know The Sage approves! :mrgreen:

Actually I think we owe Jammy a vote of gratitude for bringing his unintended comedic touches to the thread.... :P