The fabulous new 'Linky' electricity meters .....

richard36
France

Post by richard36 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:10 pm

Did you record the conversation Hal?

Hal
Ireland

Post by Hal » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:56 pm

Yep...on the phone and with a solid-state Olympus recorder!

Hal
Ireland

Post by Hal » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:14 pm

From the recording, I think these women are possibly not based in the Hex. I'll need to run it past my wife to be certain, but I wonder if they've been fed all this rubbish as "what to say" but NOT informed that it is, in fact, a pack of lies.

At least I managed not to be abusive or even insulting.....amazingly. I really detest being lied to but more so when the people concerned are doing it quite knowingly, which I'm not sure these people were...

It's not unlike talking to an automated voice- recognition program, and as I didn't get beyond this stage with them, as I was starting to lose my cool, I'd guess any confrontation over the other BS Enedis is spreading around would be breath wasted.

Hal
Ireland

Post by Hal » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:12 pm

Pity my wife wasn't here yesterday....as she pointed out today, it was NOT Enedis I rang it was a bunch called IMC Telecom, who are the 'front line soldiers' of Enedis....one of the multiple small concerns who actually install the meters. They are payed by the installation...

She rang local Enedis Limoges today and it was quite interesting. She sounds rather like a sweet little French girl on the phone, and the guy obviously conjured up some alluring imagery, and was very calm as she explained she'd sent the official refusal letter and it had been read at Enedis Paris.

At no point did he claim it's 'obligatoire', but she hadn't asked him this.

He claimed the CPL technology "has been in use for 50 years" at which point I took over and told him that this isn't correct, as the CPL we are talking about operates at, from what Enedis themselves say, between 70,000 Hz and 90,000 Hz (70KHz to 90KHz)

What they are trying to do is make out that this is the same thing as the signalling they do to your meter to tell it to switch from heures plein to heures creuse, which is actually a very short signal at 175Hz.

It then transpired that he didn't seem to know about the CPL range being in kilohertz and thought it was (as he said) 30 to 490 Hertz!!! Currently as I said to him 70-90KHz but with the allowance of up to 490KHz for "future functionality' for which read 'Flicage' or data recovery from as yet non existent Smart appliances....which most certainly will all emit using microwave, from all over the house....that's phones, clothes dryers, washing machines, dishwashers, TV, video, DVD, radio, hot water heating, electric rads and blow heaters, aircon, printers, scanners, WiFi, computers, photocopiers, what else do we all use that's electric powered,turning your house into a lovely electro-magnetic and RF pea-soup smog. Turn your house into a lower frequency or rather lower power microwave oven. Fortunately the caves we used to live in weren't so equipped or I doubt we would have evolved (assuming we did in any meaningful sense)

Scientific work using simple portable phone radiation on fruit flies has them becoming fatally disrupted and non-viable, producing deformed offspring where they still can, by the third generation...

Fran is going to get back to them on behalf of a neighbour this evening, so will ask Enedis Limoges about the 'obligatory' status then.

All conversations are being recorded.

Jamba
Donator
Donator
France

Post by Jamba » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:15 pm

Interesting....

Watercress

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

Post by wizzard » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:49 pm

Jamba wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:15 pm
Interesting....

Watercress
Interesting.

For some light relief try this.................http://stopsmartmeters.org.uk/we-dont-n ... the-album/
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

richard36
France

Post by richard36 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:21 pm

Jamba wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:15 pm
Interesting....

Watercress
Crassly naive of us to believe these meters have no safety issues.

Hal
Ireland

Post by Hal » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:12 pm

Well spotted, Jamba.

Anyone interested in this should read "Dirty Electricity" by Dr Samuel Milham.

He's been doing epidemiological work on this sort of thing for decades, and it's far worse than you could possibly imagine.

But we will soon be finding out, because Enedis are breaking every law to get these things in place by 2021, that's 35,000,000 of them, and that's just for electricity. It's 85,000,000 smart meters so called as you need to count gas and water meters, all chatting via CPL and microwave!

Oh, I'm forgetting the 700,000 new microwave towers, if you are very unlucky, one next to YOUR house..

Remember, if you don't send the refusal letter, recommandé, avis de reception, under the current 'laws' yoiu have agreed tacitly to the installation....be warned.

The entire rollout is taking on overtly fascist, totalitarian tones, to put it mildly.

Blithely ignoring all warnings from International health organisations and watchdogs, they repeat that the meters 'emit far less than the national norms', which is true, but when you look at the norms, they are so high, all they are saying is "they emit so little, you will definitely not immediately start to roast like a chicken"

It's like saying "It's inadvisable to drive at more than 800kph on public roads". For your own safety.

Hey, thanks, I'll try and remember that. :idea:

I heard last night during a meeting that in Brive recently, the entire group of residents of an immeuble had refused Linky (such a cute name...) and duly sent off their recorded delivery letters.

Enedis ignored this and sent them the letter telling them when they were intending to fit the meters,..On the day, a large crowd of residents, friends, resistance group members and the Brive conseil municipale were there in front of the building to physically block the Enedis front line from entering the building.

Next, guess? The blues arrived, and arrested every single person who wasn't an Enedis sub contractor.

They were thrown in vans and taken away.

God knows what they were arrested for, all they heard was "You are stopping these men (guys on the SMIC) from 'doing their job!'

Period.

We are watching the death-throes of French democracy.

Earlier this evening I spoke to one of our group, the deputy Maire of Saint-Mathieu, which recently became the first commune in 87 to vote against Linky.

He told me that despite this, they were seen today installing one counter, and the installer implied he'd done several more already.

Maire ajoint "This was voted against, you are acting illegally!"

Installer (unqualified ex chomage non electrician) "Enedis told me to be here so as far as I'm concerned it's legal"

Shades of "I was only following orders..."

The gendarmes will not respond! This is all supported by our so called government, who are even paying a 3% 'prime' for an installation where the person has refused the meter!

This is approaching civil war. I can see someone being killed very soon...and the 'Free Press' is strangely silent.

No reason at all to be alarmed here, of course!

FrancisBarnett
France

Post by FrancisBarnett » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:14 pm

I wonder what will happen when the Linky comes to Brittany?

This is what happened the last time the French government tried to install something the locals didn't want.

Brexit is like watching your library being burnt down by people who never learned to read.

NickD
Ecuador

Post by NickD » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:23 pm

Hal wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:12 pm
Earlier this evening I spoke to one of our group, the deputy Maire of Saint-Mathieu, which recently became the first commune in 87 to vote against Linky.

He told me that despite this, they were seen today installing one counter, and the installer implied he'd done several more already.

Maire ajoint "This was voted against, you are acting illegally!"

Installer (unqualified ex chomage non electrician) "Enedis told me to be here so as far as I'm concerned it's legal"
Surely the Marie of St Mathieu needs to make the commune aware of their stance on this so that residents can be better prepared to refuse entry to the fitters. I live in St Mathieu and so far heard nothing from the mairie about this.
Anyway I'll be getting my letter de refus sent off to Enedis asap.