The world has been Trumped!!

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

Re: The world has been Trumped!!

Post by wizzard » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:07 pm

Not very safe if Trump herds them south then builds his famous wall.................

Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

papasmurf
Great Britain

Post by papasmurf » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:10 pm

wizzard wrote: Not very safe if Trump herds them south then builds his famous wall.................
He has to find them first.

DaveR
France

Post by DaveR » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:19 pm

So basically you can lie and lie your way to power in a US election. No great surprise there maybe, but I don't think anyone was quite prepared for this level of systematic, shameless, psychologically-induced deception. Trump doesn't even seem to care when he's caught out in a lie, which makes him a particularly rare kind of bullsh*tter. He gambled, correctly it proves, that his audience wanted to hear his lies so much, and liked what they heard so much, that they would never test his claims or hold him to account. Or won't they? When he fails to deliver on the famous mexican wall, on banning all muslims, on deporting 10 million immigrants, on nuking Isis etc etc etc. will they be content with that? Won't they protest that none of the reasons they voted for him were forthcoming? Remember they are generally poor, poorly educated, nothing to lose, and quite often armed. If I were Trump I'd be pretty scared of my own fan-base.

Why won't he deliver? Firstly, because America is in enormous economic deficit and can't afford a 12 billion dollar wall or the 1 million per annum to patrol/maintain it. Obviously nor can Mexico, which has no incentive to contribute a penny and won't. So that won't happen.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/09/this-is- ... st-us.html

Secondly because he can't realistically ban travel for millions of foreign muslims seeking to visit the U.S. An estimated 70,000 muslim british citizens go to Florida on holiday each year. That's just the brits alone going to one state for some sunshine. How will he enforce that, while also fighting the vast number of legal battles such uncivilised action would rightly engender? He can't, so that won't happen.

How will he track down 10 million individuals, many long-time productive residents of America, curtail their employment, separate them from their families and fly them to their points of origin. He can't, so that won't happen.

Now today, seeking to look a tad more serious than usual in his acceptance speech, he has promised perhaps 500 billion dollars worth of nationwide infrastructure projects. Again with no accounting for the money and against a contradictory pledge to cut taxes. So that won't happen.

As all these promises go un-met, will his voters not turn on him? Or does he really believe, as part of his mental condition, that his pledges will somehow be forgotten about? He seems to treat winning as an end in itself, and his lies simply as means to that end. As long as he is perceived as a winner, the circumstances and consequences don't seem to bother him. His behaviour is classic narcissistic sociopath. This usually requires some kind of mental health care/treatment, because it can become very dangerous. Fine, in general society, but this guy's just been made Pres Elect!

If he was the mistaken choice of a small distant country with little wider influence, it would matter so much less. But his 'decisions' (whims, prejudices, rash temporary populism, whatever you call them) have enormous global reach. As leader of the only superpower, equipped with unparalleled military capability and the ability to derail multilateral agreements, he will affect us all. Protest voters have just empowered a psychologically flawed individual with sole executive power to damage the whole world. This will not end well.

kitcarman
England

Post by kitcarman » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:51 pm

Just the same response as to the Brexit! Everyone but the intelligentsia on this site is stupid. Sigh! Wouldn't the world be wonderful if the educated elite and university graduates and Guardian-reading arts critics were the only people who had the right to vote and thus organise things for everyone else who doesn't have a degree in politics from the LSE nor a season-ticket to Alan Bennett's plays.

DaveR
France

Post by DaveR » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:30 pm

kitcarman wrote: Just the same response as to the Brexit! Everyone but the intelligentsia on this site is stupid. Sigh! Wouldn't the world be wonderful if the educated elite and university graduates and Guardian-reading arts critics were the only people who had the right to vote and thus organise things for everyone else who doesn't have a degree in politics from the LSE nor a season-ticket to Alan Bennett's plays.
Wow. It might be said that you had a sizeable chip on your shoulder there, Kit. What 'intelligentsia on this site'? :lol:

Personally I'm a self-educated 'elite' who sacrificed a lot to put myself through degree courses at my own expense because I like education and it helped me get well-paid employment doing something I valued and enjoyed. And I don't apologise for reading the Guardian, amongst other papers, and yes I do like Alan Bennett. I must be pretty high up your hit list of 'privilege'. :D (So glad I didn't go the LSE or I'd be in real trouble).

Full marks for some splendid stereotyping... icon_clap

Jamstealer
France

Post by Jamstealer » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:42 pm

kitcarman wrote:Just the same response as to the Brexit! Everyone but the intelligentsia on this site is stupid. Sigh! Wouldn't the world be wonderful if the educated elite and university graduates and Guardian-reading arts critics were the only people who had the right to vote and thus organise things for everyone else who doesn't have a degree in politics from the LSE nor a season-ticket to Alan Bennett's plays.
Yes, it would actually;

Sadly, in democracy, everything is reduced to the lowest common denominator of level of ignorance , hatred and education.

Why did Trump win?
Because he realized, early on, that people don't think anymore; and that any publicity is good; he gambled that the more outrageous things he said and did, the more exposure he got; all it needs is hours of time on TV. Which he got from his statements.
And he gambled on the inbuilt racism and white supremacy that is barely hidden , for his core support.
As he said himself " I could stand in 5th avenue and shoot somebody and not lose voters"

It's the same tactic used by BREXIT; be outrageous, be controversial, get TV time, play the xenophobic racist card , ( under the thin disguise of " patriotism"; hope no one will question your lies; the sheep will follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nev
Bangladesh

Post by nev » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:43 pm

Its probably it bit far fetched to say that the demographic reason for Trump winning was dem po white folk. He won because he has more charisma than Clinton who is a sleaze bag like her willy waving hubbie.

If he delivers on any of his statements he will probably be the only politician that has as they are all lying .... add your own expletive.

Anyway cannot be any worse than those Bush idiots and maybe just maybe he and Putin can settle their differences over an arm wrestling contest or Putin can could offer Mr T Russian citizenship.

It is going to be fun as the markets and the press have now got something else to "worry over" good news does not sell as well as bad or the perception of bad.

Jamstealer
France

Post by Jamstealer » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:47 pm

Putin is already manipulating him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nodrog
France

Post by nodrog » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:21 pm

nev wrote: he has more charisma
You're f**king stupid if you vote for someone just because they have charisma

nev
Bangladesh

Post by nev » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:30 pm

nodrog wrote:
nev wrote: he has more charisma
You're f**king stupid if you vote for someone just because they have charisma
Interesting adjective there. Hitler, Thatcher, Blair and Obama (to name a few) all had/have charisma and look who voted for them surely they can't all be stupid. :lol: