The world has been Trumped!!

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

The world has been Trumped!!

Post by wizzard » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:04 am

I remember waking up on the morning of the Brexit vote, and sitting in shock and disbelief at the result.

It was like deja vue this morning when I heard that Trump had won- how could the American voters be so damn stupid, or is that a silly question. What with offending army vets, women, and hispanics, how did he persuade so many people that he was the right person to run the US? Or was it just that there wasnt a viable alternative - if so, why did the respective parties field candidates who had the relevant experience and who the country didnt hate?

America has really shot itself in the foot this time - I see that there are now so many people trying to move to Canada that their website has crashed.

icon_suicide

Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

papasmurf
Great Britain

Re: The world has been Trumped!!

Post by papasmurf » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:06 am

DaveR
France

Post by DaveR » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:07 am

Let's just hope he's so arrogant that he insists on being driven around in a convertible.

This has that same feel about it you find in some novels where you get a chance to kill Hitler in 1930. It's the classic utilitarian question. But just one bullet now could save so many lives and our planet's environment from so much harm. Slight problem is that he chose a dangerous, nutcase, god-bothering homophobe as his VP. Hopefully Pence would be next to him in the drop-top.

papasmurf
Great Britain

Post by papasmurf » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:15 am

DaveR wrote: Let's just hope he's so arrogant that he insists on being driven around in a convertible.
The thought that his life expectancy has now been somewhat curtailed had crossed my mind, especially if he manages to remove minimum wage regulations.

2cvandy
Donator
Donator
France

Post by 2cvandy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:20 am

I read an interesting article yesterday by a neuroscientist looking at how people like Trump can influence so many in their beliefs,

but the summary basically came down to this;-

the folks supporting Trump are too stupid to know they are stupid, but worse than that, they have an inbuilt sense of superiority which means they believe they know that they are right, so no amount of rational discussion or reasoned debate will sway them.

Remind you of any other group?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than ride a fast bike slow,,,,,,,,,,,,,, icon_moped

papasmurf
Great Britain

Post by papasmurf » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:26 am

[quote="2cvandy"]

the folks supporting Trump are too stupid to know they are stupid, but worse than that, they have an inbuilt sense of superiority which means they believe they know that they are right, so no amount of rational discussion or reasoned debate will sway them.

[quote]

I suspect the dog daren't fart:-

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

Post by wizzard » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:33 am

Many years ago, probably decades, I read something which predicted the dumbing down of the UK, or maybe it referred to the Western world in general.
It suggested that the educated people would have less and less children in the future, whereas the people at the bottom end would go back to having large families. This would have the effect , over time, of giving more voting power to the people with less education, and I think the Brexit vote and the US election has just proven this theory.

And before anyone from/with a large family starts up, I'm only passing on something I read in the distant past. ;)
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

ChrisD
France

Post by ChrisD » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:33 am

I've decided I don't live in the real world but in some Matrix style computer controlled alternative reality where some programmer is just taking the p!$$. :shock:
UTC

papasmurf
Great Britain

Post by papasmurf » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:41 am

wizzard wrote: Many years ago, probably decades, I read something which predicted the dumbing down of the UK, or maybe it referred to the Western world in general.
It suggested that the educated people would have less and less children in the future, whereas the people at the bottom end would go back to having large families. This would have the effect , over time, of giving more voting power to the people with less education, and I think the Brexit vote and the US election has just proven this theory.

And before anyone from/with a large family starts up, I'm only passing on something I read in the distant past. ;)

Just one problem with that, large families in Britain are few and far between, (in fact rare,) despite the government and Daily Mail propaganda.
Plus the average age for women to have their fist child is now approaching 30years.
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... stics/2014

richard36
France

Post by richard36 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:11 am

The Republican party is allegedly in revolt, hopefully they can limit the damage that this Psychopath has in mind, what a sad day for the world.