French Nationality

ChrisD
France

French Nationality

Post by ChrisD » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:34 pm

I think the french government is more sympathetic to expats than the UK govt is at the moment.

UTC

Jamstealer
France

French Nationality

Post by Jamstealer » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:24 pm

ChrisD wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:34 pm
I think the french government is more sympathetic to expats than the UK govt is at the moment.
They are. It is, for a start, embedded in the constitution. The French constitution actively encourages immigration and subsequent naturalisation.

Dragon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Wales

French Nationality

Post by Dragon » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:29 pm

Hope you still celebrate Le Burns night Wizz, icon_Scotland icon_Fete2
We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. we have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything ....................with nothing,

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
Scotland

French Nationality

Post by wizzard » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:19 pm

Dragon wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:29 pm
Hope you still celebrate Le Burns night Wizz, icon_Scotland icon_Fete2
I'm planning to get a new tattoo with the crossed flags of Scotland and France. :mrgreen:
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

desmodoc
France

French Nationality

Post by desmodoc » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:09 pm

Congratulations, i got my letter on the 26 October and now have to wait for the ceremony in about 6 months. We went with our friends to their ceremony last September and it was very good. And we have to wait for my wives date for the RDV , she's had the police interview which went well as they were just interested in our bike's and our new project a Dniepr side car.
Congrats again
is it gravity or does the earth just suck

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
Scotland

French Nationality

Post by wizzard » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:20 pm

desmodoc wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:09 pm
Congratulations, i got my letter on the 26 October and now have to wait for the ceremony in about 6 months. We went with our friends to their ceremony last September and it was very good. And we have to wait for my wives date for the RDV , she's had the police interview which went well as they were just interested in our bike's and our new project a Dniepr side car.
Congrats again
Thanks. We had an amazingly easy gendarme interview, for the same reason. They looked round the drive, saw that both (visible cars were French registered, then came into the bike garage - they fell in love with the Honda cafe racer - they were stroking it - then moved onto the Harley. Inside the house, they saw my Maine Coon cat and were stroking him. Asked a couple of questions, asked for my g/f's passport , so we joked which one (she already has dual nationality), and they left without even a Ricard or coffee. Great guys.
I hope the ceremony is not in 6 months for me - we will be in the UK foor a big family wedding, which cannot be missed!

desmodoc
France

French Nationality

Post by desmodoc » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:11 am

There was only about 15 people getting the paper work and there was 2 who could not be there , but you are also represented by your Maire so perhaps he or she can take the paper for you, but for us here in the Vienne you get the date with in 6 months but the ceremony is about 9 months
is it gravity or does the earth just suck

ShovelHead
Great Britain

French Nationality

Post by ShovelHead » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:24 pm

Good to hear
i now hear they are going to bring in National service this is a good thing it should be for all French nationals.
up to the age of 65 .
i be leave you have 2 years to go so we can get you enlisted a couple of years square bashing and peeling
potatoes never harmed any one at the end a couple of months swanning around in the Senegal
it will make a man of you and put hairs on your chest.

PS i CANNOT GO I HAVE ENROLLED ON A KNITTING COURSE AND I HAVE FLAT FEET

VI VA MACRON

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
Scotland

French Nationality

Post by wizzard » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:48 pm

ShovelHead wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:24 pm
Good to hear
i now hear they are going to bring in National service this is a good thing it should be for all French nationals.
up to the age of 65 .
i be leave you have 2 years to go so we can get you enlisted a couple of years square bashing and peeling
potatoes never harmed any one at the end a couple of months swanning around in the Senegal

VI VA MACRON
Yes, I've volunteered for the French Dad's Army, but just for one year, not too. I felt I should given that the nations youth will now be doing their National Service - a good thing too. Given that in the past I've done time in a uniform (ok, Fire Brigade), and done the spud peeling and square bashing, I've applied for the French equivalent of Captain Mannering's job. I'll be staying within the borders of La France Profonde so no steamy jungles or stinging insects for me - the Harley doesnt fare to well on jungle trails anyway. Dont worry, I'll try and find a position in the team for you, but there isnt much call for flat footed knitters.
Vive La France

Jamstealer
France

French Nationality

Post by Jamstealer » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:09 pm

wizzard wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:48 pm
ShovelHead wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:24 pm
Good to hear
up to the age of 65 .

VI VA MACRON
Yes, I've volunteered for the French Dad's Army, but just for one year, not too. I felt I should given that the nations youth will now be doing their National Service - a good thing too. Given that in the past I've done time in a uniform (ok, Fire Brigade), and done the spud peeling and square bashing, I've applied for the French equivalent of Captain Mannering's job. I'll be staying within the borders of La France Profonde so no steamy jungles or stinging insects for me - the Harley doesnt fare to well on jungle trails anyway. Dont worry, I'll try and find a position in the team for you, but there isnt much call for flat footed knitters.
Vive La France
Very funny.