Carte de séjour

coeurdelion
France

Carte de séjour

Post by coeurdelion » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:20 pm

You're right wizzard just me and my optimism,think we all know that whatever the french authority decide will involve form after form to fill in and numerous appointments armed with every piece of information on you since birth👶coeurdelion

Jamstealer
France

Carte de séjour

Post by Jamstealer » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:26 pm

No. We don’t. We already know the 5 simple bits of information needed to get a Carte de Sejour. No more. No less.

coeurdelion
France

Carte de séjour

Post by coeurdelion » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:21 pm

Jamstealer wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:26 pm
No. We don’t. We already know the 5 simple bits of information needed to get a Carte de Sejour. No more. No less.
I have three friends,one runs a business and the other two a retired married couple who have just gone through the process of obtaining the carte de sejour and they needed a lot more than 5 simple bits of information ,even had finger prints taken ,did they do this for yours or did you get it before the rush? And what are the 5 simple pieces of information required ?coeurdelion

Jamstealer
France

Carte de séjour

Post by Jamstealer » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:36 pm

Go look on the French govts website. It’s there. In black and white.

FrancisBarnett
France

Carte de séjour

Post by FrancisBarnett » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:00 pm

For us as a couple - For a 10 year Titre de Sejour Permanent each. 2016

Passports
Birth certificates
Marriage certificate
House deeds = proof of residence
Electricity bills - five years = proof of residence
French bank statements - for last five years.
Tax documents for the last five years
State pension statements
NHS pension statement
Private pension proof/statement

No fingerprints taken.
Got the appointment before the Brexit vote - interview just after, so I guess they were doing it by the book.
Brexit is like watching your library being burnt down by people who never learned to read.

ShovelHead
Great Britain

Carte de séjour

Post by ShovelHead » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:28 am

Hi
WE SENT THE SAME AS FRNCIS BARNET and even photo copy's of every page of our passports finger prints taken on a small machine
at the Limoges prefecture in and out in 20 min but a 1 year wait from applying to getting the card this was in 2017 valid for 10 years

coeurdelion
France

Carte de séjour

Post by coeurdelion » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:46 am

From the replies it sounds like different departments have different rules,in 14 yrs of living here i have filled numerous forms in for permits for building ,taxes and vehicles and non have been straight forward and simple i can't imagine something as a carte de sejour being any different,however got e mail yesterday saying my RDV has been moved from June 2019 to this month 26th!!!!! So will know how easy it difficult it is in Normandie.coeurdelion icon_no

coeurdelion
France

Carte de séjour

Post by coeurdelion » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:01 am

Jamstealer wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:36 pm
Go look on the French govts website. It’s there. In black and white.
It can be any colour they want ,it all depends on the person who is dealing with you and the mood they're in,had it with numerous form filling before and had to go away for more information only to be told on the return visit by a different member of staff"don't need that",forewarned is forearmed have you got a carte de sejour jamstealer and if so which department are you in? might be helpful to other users icon_thumbup coeurdelion

Andrew
New Zealand

Carte de séjour

Post by Andrew » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:03 am

coeurdelion wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:46 am
From the replies it sounds like different departments have different rules
From the stories I've read, that certainly seems to be the case. Possibly even differs fonctionnaire to fonctionnaire, what they've had for breakfast, how they're feeling, day of the week etc etc etc. Like just about very other form filling exercise in a government office.

Yes, there is a list of documents you need. It doesn't seem to mean though that something else won't be asked for, or something that's on the list will even be looked at. I intend to make 2 copies of everything that's on the list (for me and my wife - we have 2 interviews booked) plus originals plus anything else not on the list that I think might be asked for... and even then go with the attitude that I might not have everything they want/need!

Edit: I've just been talking to the people I mentioned up-thread, the Brit pensioners, who went to their interviews during the week. They weren't asked to show their pensions statements (they had them on them though, obviously) or any other form of justificatif de ressources. They've been in France near 15 years and initially had CdSs but they have long since expired - whether that made a difference or not, I obviously can't say. They didn't make appointments though, they didn't know they had to! They just fronted up with their documents in amongst the general throng of people applying for all manner of immigration/nationality matters. Takes all sorts I guess.
Last edited by Andrew on Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cornishman
France

Carte de séjour

Post by Cornishman » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:55 am

I’m my department, La Vienne, and Jamstealer’s La Charente the prefectures have made a huge effort to make the process of acquiring a CdS as straightforward as possible.
A quick look at the Charente’s website, http://www.charente.gouv.fr/Actualites/ ... ts-de-l-UE , shows how few documents they require. Comparing what is required now compared to in the past is a pointless exercise.
Life can only be understood backwards but must be lived forwards. Seren Kierkegaard.