Site Admin
Scotland

Shocking

Post by wizzard » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:39 am

yorkie wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:45 am
Hope this does not catch on

http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/16/police-of ... k-7471227/
Yes shocking - hope they got him and sorted him out!

I've watched documentaries in france about the cops doing their job. There are videos of young lads with no helmets and scooters/mopeds etc flying out in front of bike cops and zooming away on pavements and through parks. The bike cops chase them and get lured into dead end (roads blocked with stolen cars) and then dozens of young thugs appear with stones and bats attacking the cops. They are brilliant riders - riding in a tight circle spraying gas with their left hands. They escaped without being knocked off, luckily. All recorded on the bike video. Later they come back with a couple of van loads of cops - they identify some of the bad guys - but they are getting lots of flack and accusations of being picked on. At one point a cop is being harrased by a thug - he pushes him against a wall and a fridge comes down from a few floors up and just misses him.

I dont know how anyone can do that job now, working in the banleus.
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

yorkie
Donator
Donator
Great Britain

Shocking

Post by yorkie » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:52 pm

I well remember a couple of year ago watching on French TV a police clio having a flare fired into it. The trainee very big police man got out and someone set about flaying a hard pipe on his arm over and over again. He just took it and advanced towards the thug.

Like you I don't know how they keep sane and in control (although many commit suicide in France).

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
Scotland

Shocking

Post by wizzard » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:29 pm

yorkie wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:52 pm
I well remember a couple of year ago watching on French TV a police clio having a flare fired into it. The trainee very big police man got out and someone set about flaying a hard pipe on his arm over and over again. He just took it and advanced towards the thug.

Like you I don't know how they keep sane and in control (although many commit suicide in France).
When they are being deliberately attacked like that the law should allow them to take serious action without fear of prosecution. I was in the fire brigade in scotland as a young man, and was put on disciplinary one fireworks night. In a very rough area the yobs were building fires against the back of shops, and when we went to put them out they were stoning us, so I lost the plot and turned a high pressure hose on them - they were knocked over and sliding through the mud but not hurt. The public were cheering but I caught it in the neck. This was at the same time as the yobs were hiding welding bottles under a pile of rubbish in lock ups and setting fire to them. We had to be aware of the possiblity as one of these things goes off like a rocket.

yorkie
Donator
Donator
Great Britain

Shocking

Post by yorkie » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:32 am

Your action gets my vote!

DId they not also have the habit of calling out the Fire Brigade and then shooting them with air guns?

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
Scotland

Shocking

Post by wizzard » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:48 am

yorkie wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:32 am
Your action gets my vote!

DId they not also have the habit of calling out the Fire Brigade and then shooting them with air guns?
I was never shot at, but we got a lot of abuse. Also serial fake call outs at the same time at night - a guy was coming out of the pub at closing time with his girl, and phoning in a fire from a call box. He was eventually caught as they hung around to watch. He wasnt charged , but he never did it again - the good old days when you could deal with thing properly.
Last night I watched another cop bike documentary. I feel so sorry for these guys - 18kg of equipment to be carried, regular accidents - all in the cause of catching wasters with no licences or insurance. They picked up one guy who had no licence etc, and he admitted that he had already been pulled that morning for the same. Back at the station, they had to let him go for some reason, yet the people being pulled for speeding were getting massive fines and their vehicle impounded. The rules of this forum stop me from saying too much, but virtually all the "no/stolen licence, no/fake insurance/stolen vehicle" cases were from one section of the community.