ANTS Request. Help Needed

Discussion on Registering / Importing Bikes to France
pinball1008
France

Post by pinball1008 » Tue May 15, 2018 11:00 am

Analogue speedo but has km digits as well from the factory. Left dipping headlight as stated on CoC.
I'll try searching again as I'm sure someone on here went to Triumph La Rochelle for help, although When I went, I got a lot of shoulder shrugging.

2cvandy
Donator
Donator
France

Post by 2cvandy » Tue May 15, 2018 2:46 pm

Don't know if it's relevant,,,,,,,
but when I brought a 2002 Harley over from UK I had to get an attestation from HD France to say speedo read both, and that I had changed the headlight. The local dealer in Le Mans checked the bike and sent the form off to HD France (cost 150 euro though,,,,,,,).
Might not be relevant, because 2002 is too old for a CoC, which is why I needed the attestation.
Incidentally, I've just registered (end of last year) a Sportster through the ANTS system, the CoC clearly said that the bike conformed to all regulations for countries that drive on the left,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, nobody queried it.
I've previously done a couple through the prefecture with the same wording, again, nobody questioned it.
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than ride a fast bike slow,,,,,,,,,,,,,, icon_moped

Cornishman
France

Post by Cornishman » Tue May 15, 2018 9:24 pm

Do you know that there is a problem with the CoC and the lights/speedo or are you anticipating a problem?
Life can only be understood backwards but must be lived forwards. Seren Kierkegaard.

pinball1008
France

Post by pinball1008 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:15 am

The reference to the lights and speedo is on the bottom of the CoC. I have messaged ANTS to ask if an attestation regarding these to issues being fixed will allow the application to progress. Their answer.......... send one and we'll let you know.
2cv, still relevant as an attestation may suffice.