Don't bother ordering parts from this lot.

Discussion on legal issues relating to biking & riding.
FrancisBarnett
France

Post by FrancisBarnett » Tue May 28, 2019 7:09 pm

I ordered some brake pads from this lot and a package turned up with another company's name on it as the consignee - unbeknown to me at the time.
Unfortunately, the package was MT - nothing in it, not a delivery note - nothing.
After much emailing of photo's of said empty package they seem to have got their minds around about who is responsible for this - and it ain't me!
What they do is take orders off the net and then get their suppliers to deliver the parts - they do nothing.
Currently got them to agree that they are responsible for what arrives or doesn't arrive at my gaff and they are sending out another shipment after a strongly worded session of education on company law and distance selling via email on what their responsibilities are.

I suggest that you avoid - https://www.motorcycleproducts.co.uk/

Brexit is like watching your library being burnt down by people who never learned to read.

ChrisD
France

Post by ChrisD » Wed May 29, 2019 8:46 am

Sounds like your average eBay seller, just middlemen.
UTC

papasmurf
Great Britain

Post by papasmurf » Wed May 29, 2019 9:39 am

I have taken a risk by ordering various things from the depths of China, and also from the Khyber Pass area where they can make a machine gun barrel out of a lorry back axle drive shaft.
All have arrived, (eventually.)

Dieselspanner
Donator
Donator
France

Post by Dieselspanner » Wed May 29, 2019 5:54 pm

In the last 8 years since we've been here I've ordered shedloads from China / Hong Kong / Singapore etc., probably once a month on average, I've had a couple of problems and both times Ebay has come down on my side.

I've had more problems with purchases from the UK, especially when they are routed via Chronopost.

Never had anything from the Golden Triangle' tho, Wizz!

Cheers
Stef

FrancisBarnett
France

Post by FrancisBarnett » Wed May 29, 2019 6:42 pm

The odd thing about this consignment was that the package that turned up empty was the sort of envelope that you would expect to contain a calendar or some photographs. It was like two A4 sheets of thick cardboard held flat together. It was obvious to me that because it was perfectly flat, there never had been three brake pad kits packed in it. Could it be that somebody at the sender is doing a little bit of private enterprise?
I signed for it without reading the sender's name on the label- stupid boy!
I am thinking of videoing the delivery of the replacement package just in case - I wonder what our postie will make of that!
Brexit is like watching your library being burnt down by people who never learned to read.

FrancisBarnett
France

Post by FrancisBarnett » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:15 am

The pads turned up packaged properly this time - so all ok now.