french licence

Bike Chat only please
wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

french licence

Post by wizzard » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:55 pm

I was in at the prefecture about a different issue and I asked about the delay for licences. Still being dealt with at (Nantes) - or not given the delay - but the prefectures are obviously getting asked regularly the same question so have the delay info available. I do know someone who has been waiting 16 months!

Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

FrancisBarnett
France

french licence

Post by FrancisBarnett » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:32 am

wizzard wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:55 pm
I was in at the prefecture about a different issue and I asked about the delay for licences. Still being dealt with at (Nantes) - or not given the delay - but the prefectures are obviously getting asked regularly the same question so have the delay info available. I do know someone who has been waiting 16 months!
OH is in the process of applying for a french licence - she has found that her uk driver number is one character too long to fit into the tiny box on the purple form - so it's off to one of the "agents" tomorrow, they can sort it out for their €15 fee!

Edit - This is all a bit odd - a uk driver number always has 16 characters, the box on the purple form from the french government website will only accept 15 characters - yet when I applied for my french licence last year I didn't have a problem entering my driver number- I just found the file copy of my form from last year, and my driver number is on it, all 16 characters - so WTF is going on here?
I appreciate that the last two characters are check digits and don't mean a lot but we all know what the french are like with official forms etc.

Edit - mystery solved, It depends how you download and save the PDF file - if you save it as a pdf you get 15 spaces - if you save it as an image of a pdf you get 16 spaces - Why? - Tifino!
Brexit is like watching your library being burnt down by people who never learned to read.