insurance

Bike Chat only please
wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

insurance

Post by wizzard » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:35 am

I see people asking about getting a reasonable insurance quote for their bikes - some are paying silly money. I just insured my 2008 Harley 1200 Nightster (UK registered) for 93 euros, including breakdown, with AXA. I'm happy with that. :D

Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

coeurdelion
France

insurance

Post by coeurdelion » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:12 pm

Hi Wizzard,did your insurance stipulate that you have a month to get it French registered ?my kettle was done through axa,she said that any vehicle imported to France had a month to get French plates, I managed to get a classic FFVE attestation and now has its French carte gris with French plate,we had the same with all 4 cars we brought over on UK plates,maybe you have a different policy but might be worth asking.coeurdelion

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
France

insurance

Post by wizzard » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:36 am

coeurdelion wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:12 pm
Hi Wizzard,did your insurance stipulate that you have a month to get it French registered ?my kettle was done through axa,she said that any vehicle imported to France had a month to get French plates, I managed to get a classic FFVE attestation and now has its French carte gris with French plate,we had the same with all 4 cars we brought over on UK plates,maybe you have a different policy but might be worth asking.coeurdelion
They have given me a green insurance sticker for a month, but I've got a great relationship with them so never have a problem extending it as long as I need. The XBR took around 5/6 months due to FFVE losing my file, and then a delay with ANTS, but they covered me all that time. They give me a really good price, even they know I will probably sell the bike within a few months, then give me a refund.
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................