New Members need to make their 1st POST, as a NEW TOPIC here, to fully activate their membership. Please make them feel welcome, we were all new here at one time.
Cornishman
France

Post by Cornishman » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:27 pm

I don’t know if this is relevant.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/ne ... storm.html

Life can only be understood backwards but must be lived forwards. Seren Kierkegaard.

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
Scotland

Post by wizzard » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:16 pm

Cornishman wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:27 pm
I don’t know if this is relevant.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/ne ... storm.html
Interesting article - it was odd the CC didnt want to provide a CoC, or maybe they couldnt give a European version.
Any bike with three cylinders has one too many.....................

Karlos
France

Post by Karlos » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:07 am

Yes insurance was for car not Harley. Yes we use groupama for our 4x4 and my construction machines very competitive. I think the caterham has to go , too much Hassel , although I will ring caterham and see what they say about coc. I won't hold my breath though their after sales attitude is rubbish. I'll let you know what they say..Much appreciated

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
Scotland

Post by wizzard » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:27 am

Karlos wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:07 am
Yes insurance was for car not Harley. Yes we use groupama for our 4x4 and my construction machines very competitive. I think the caterham has to go , too much Hassel , although I will ring caterham and see what they say about coc. I won't hold my breath though their after sales attitude is rubbish. I'll let you know what they say..Much appreciated
No-one has a good word for Caterhams after sales service nowadays. Fot parts I used Redline - Chris Mintoff is a good guy.

Karlos
France

Post by Karlos » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:25 pm

Ok thanks again

Karlos
France

Post by Karlos » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:53 am

Thanks for that, interesting article, as I believe at the moment cats have to be built/modified to French legislation , one being exhaust exiting rear of car , one of many mods required. I guess article means cc will start building more French legit cars. Mine is English spec so lots of Hassel to insure here, etc etc. I have e mailed cc concerning coc's on English caterham in France, as more than expected no response. Guess they need to change their customers after sales attitude ,not the cars. Many thanks again

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
Scotland

Post by wizzard » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:47 pm

Karlos wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:53 am
Thanks for that, interesting article, as I believe at the moment cats have to be built/modified to French legislation , one being exhaust exiting rear of car , one of many mods required. I guess article means cc will start building more French legit cars. Mine is English spec so lots of Hassel to insure here, etc etc. I have e mailed cc concerning coc's on English caterham in France, as more than expected no response. Guess they need to change their customers after sales attitude ,not the cars. Many thanks again
The aftersales attitude has been a problem for a long time unfortunately. Let me know what response you get from the factory.

Karlos
France

Post by Karlos » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:32 pm

Will do but been four days now so don't hold out much hope tbh.

wizzard
Site Admin
Site Admin
Scotland

Post by wizzard » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:45 pm

Karlos wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:32 pm
Will do but been four days now so don't hold out much hope tbh.
In the past they have been very helpful, but some of the owners groups have been reporting problems for the last few years.