In the words of Arnie...I'm back!

New Members need to make their 1st POST, as a NEW TOPIC here, to fully activate their membership. Please make them feel welcome, we were all new here at one time.
Triplejak
England

Post by Triplejak » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:58 pm

Hi Troops,
I used to be on here back in 2010, since moved back to UK and settled in Berkhamsted. Pretty sure my old user name was Gixajak but I could'nt remember passwords or find myself!
I did live in Le Guislain which is 20 km of St Lo and used to do Battlefield Tours for motorcyclists.
Dunno if there's anyone still on here that remembers me, originally I had a Rizla GSXR750, then swapped to a yellow Speed Triple 1050 which I still have but is now black with 47,000 miles on it, Hardly ever ride it, worth more to keep than sell, perhaps one day I'll renovate it.
Main ride is a Gen 1 (2012) Tiger Explorer, had you told me I would ride one of them I would have laughed in you're face, gotta say Adventure Bikes are the way forward.
Myself and my partner Tracey do quite a bit of touring, France and we also go to Arnem every year for the Market Garden memorials.
Explorer has nearly 30K miles on it now in just over 2 years.
Anyway here I am.
:dirtbike

ChrisD
France

Post by ChrisD » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:23 pm

Welcome back Triplejak or welcome to the new forum, the old bikeclubfrance is no more which is why you couldn't find yourself. Your name does sound familiar,gixer or gixajak icon_welcom from the Haute Vienne. I agree about the adventure bikes, I've had 3 adventure tourers and didn't realise how easy they made long distance travel til i rode my Bonny back to the UK in crap weather - heated grips, tall screens, handguards etc I miss them all but I do like the sound of the Bonny.
UTC

Dragon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Wales

Post by Dragon » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:53 pm

Hi and welcome back into the fold, icon_welcom icon_welcom .we used to have a member called Triplejak so maybe that was you, glad you found us again as we added er to Bikeclubfrance between the bike and club, we thought we would get a similar name in case old members like you returned, icon_thumbup once again welcome back Boyo,
We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. we have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything ....................with nothing,

coeurdelion
France

Post by coeurdelion » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:30 pm

Hi triplejak do you not miss doing the tours? coeurdelion